In November, Coloradans will vote on Amendment 69, also known as ColoradoCare. This amendment would eliminate private health insurance coverage and mandate the state to launch a sweeping, government-run health care program with:
- An unfair tax burden on workers, families and businesses.
- An unknown board of trustees in charge of your health, with little to no accountability.
- $25 billion in new taxes the first year – double the state’s current budget.
Sound like a bad idea to you? It is. As a broker, your entire business is at risk. Colorado for Coloradans is a public-private coalition agrees, and is working to defeat Amendment 69.
Members of this coalition include business leaders, present and former public officials from both sides of the aisle, community members, companies and trade groups, including:
- BenefitMall, a leading national provider of employee benefits, payroll, HR and employer services
- The Colorado State Association of Health Underwriters (CSAHU), the state’s largest professional association of health insurance professionals
- The Council of Insurance Agents & Brokers, a worldwide association of commercial insurance and employee benefits intermediaries
- Colorado Association of Commerce & Industry, the state chamber of commerce
- The Denver Metro Chamber of Commerce
- The Colorado Black Chamber of Commerce
- And many others
Among the prominent citizens against Amendment 69:
- Governor John Hickenlooper (Democrat)
- Walker Stapleton, State Treasurer of Colorado (Republican)
- Bill Owens, former Governor of Colorado (Republican)
- Bill Ritter, former Governor of Colorado (Democrat)
Visit Coloradans for Colorado for a complete – and growing – list of those opposed to Amendment 69. For the latest news, follow the group on facebook, Twitter and keep up to date with the conversation using #NoOn69.
To inform and enlist the support of your clients, download and distribute this flyer.